Friday, October 17, 2008

The innovative cart escalator

Once again any out of work camera men should contact us. Reality TV show is in the making and today could have been the premier....

Well, we just about died on the cart escalator at Ikea! We finally made it out of there with 3, yes 3 carts of stuff packed to the gills. We had to get one of the workers there to help us to the car. Just to set the scene, the worker was Latino and did not speak English but I do believe he understood most of what we said. So we all get on the escalator I was in front, Laura next and the guy behind. About a third of the way down all kinds of stuff falls off of the bottom of my cart and wedges under the wheel. I kept asking Laura what to do and she was just like "put the things back or pick up the front and roll it off"!! Anyway, that didn't work so when the cart gets to the bottom it gets stuck on the floor and won't move... so guess what... cart pile up. Laura ran into my cart and had to ram it to get it unstuck. In the meantime, I look back at the guy helping us and he has this "Oh crap" look on his face and has to run backwards in place to keep from pinning Laura between the carts. So finally Laura gets my cart out of the way and hers still won't move. My purse somehow made its way between her front wheel and the floor. Leather is a pretty good gripper! Anyway, as you can tell we did survive and are back in the car headed toward Tennessee.

1 comment:

Darci White said...

I just stumbled upon your site (don't even remember how I got here now!) and LOVE your shirts!

I'm so tempted to buy one of the "I'm thankful" t-shirts for myself! We don't have any babies just yet, but I love my english bulldog, Rose.

Great work! Just wanted to say hi. I'll definitely bookmark your site & purchase some fun gifts in the future!